Breakfast recipe for fluffy American pancakes
1. For the pancake batter: Combine all the dry ingredients with a whisk in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, whip egg white until medium peaks form.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan, then let cool to room temperature.
4. Combine all the wet ingredients together, then mix with the dry ones. Using a spatula, gently fold the egg white into the pancake mix.
5. Add the liquid from the thawed raspberries to the batter to get a nice red color (2 teaspoons of frozen liquid per 100g pancake batter).
6. Pour the batter into a heated pan and form pancakes; cook over medium-low heat until golden brown.
7. Do not flip the pancakes as soon as you see bubbles forming on the surface. Flip them when the bubbles burst and form holes that stay open on the surface of the pancake.
8. For the coulis: place the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and stir well, until caramelized or liquefied in texture. Add frozen raspberries and cook until softened.
9. Then strain with a fine strainer for a smooth sauce.
10. For the cream: Add the sugar and vanilla essence to the cream and whisk continuously until air is incorporated and it takes on a frothy texture.
11. Serve the pancakes, sprinkled with icing sugar, topped with cream and drizzled with raspberry coulis. Enjoy!
Tip: To ensure that the pancakes become fluffy, do not overmix the batter. Also, make sure your spatula is large enough to support the pancake.
Recipe courtesy of Clinton St. Baking Company
Share your recipes with us at [email protected]