New Voyages 2023 aboard Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser set to launch September 1, 2022
Two-Night Immersive Vacation Experiences Invite Walt Disney World Resort Guests to Live Their Own Lives star wars stories in an entirely new way
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (August 26, 2022) – New 2023 travel dates for Star Wars: Galactic Star Cruiser will soon be available at Walt Disney World Resort. Starting September 1, 2022, passengers will be able to book two-night onboard vacation experiences Star Wars: Galactic Star Cruiser for travel dates through the end of September 2023.
Debuting earlier this year at Walt Disney World Resort, Star Wars: Galactic Star Cruiser presented a one-of-a-kind immersive experience beyond anything Disney has created before and continues to receive rave reviews from guests of all ages. Guests become their own heroes star wars stories during a two-night adventure aboard the starcruiser Halcyon, a ship known for its impeccable service and exotic destinations. Passengers relax in well-appointed cabins, enjoy exquisite meals and exceptional entertainment, discover Star Wars: At the Edge of the Galaxy at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in new ways and explore the ship in search of hidden secrets and new opportunities.
Throughout the voyage, guests’ choices determine their personal stories as they interact with the characters, crew, and fellow passengers, becoming part of the action and the larger star wars saga. They can be asked to keep a secret, deliver a secret message, participate in a high-stakes heist, defend the ship, hide an ally…the possibilities are seemingly endless. Decisions made by the guests affect how these stories unfold, intertwining with those of other passengers and well-known characters such as Chewbacca and Rey, as the momentum builds on an action-packed adventure that can determine the fate of the galaxy.
From Walt Disney World to a galaxy far, far away
Star Wars: Galactic Star Cruiser debuted at “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” in honor of the 50e Anniversary of Walt Disney World, adding to the abundance of new experiences across the resort during this historic milestone.
- The adventure begins when guests arrive at the Halcyon starcruiser terminal near Disney’s Hollywood Studios and check in for their two-night experience.
- Guests enter a launch pod to begin their star wars Through portholes, they watch their world crumble as they jump into hyperspace and close in on the magnificent starcruiser Halcyon.
- When the Launch Pod docks and the airlock opens, guests enter the ship’s main deck atrium to begin their journey through a galaxy far, far away.
An experience beyond anything Disney has created before
star wars permeates every moment aboard the starcruiser Halcyon, where every detail of the experience is meticulously crafted to create an engaging, complete and all-consuming story.
- The immersive experience offers exciting onboard activities, such as:
- Learn the ancient ways of the lightsaber and take on a training remote, where guests can discover their own connection to the Force, just like Luke Skywalker once did.
- Visit the deck of the starcruiser to learn about its systems and how to operate them, including weapons and shields – skills that can come in handy on a journey through this adventure-filled galaxy.
- Play holo-sabacc in the ship’s Sublight Lounge, where passengers can try their luck against other passengers in this game of skill, strategy and chance.
- The passenger cabins have a window into the space that changes continuously throughout the voyage. Other special touches include berths reminiscent of those seen on other famous star wars ships like the Millennium Falcon.
- Guests can explore the starcruiser and perhaps discover hidden spaces perfect for uncovering secrets or holding clandestine meetings.
Dynamic and interactive storytelling unfolds in real time
A tour on the starcruiser Halcyon invites guests into a two-night interactive story that intertwines with crew members, fellow passengers, droids, and familiars. star wars characters such as Rey, Chewbacca and Kylo Ren. As they choose alliances and chart their own course, guests may encounter the starcruiser’s strong and charismatic captain, a brave mechanic, or a charming villain with an ulterior motive, among others.
- Characters can engage with guests throughout the journey, whether it’s simply asking questions about their home world or inviting them to protect valuable information or go on a mission.
- Passengers can deepen their engagement with the characters and storylines using the Play Disney Parks mobile app on their smart devices. star wars: Data block Inside the app, guests can access a plethora of features.
Restoration is part of the show
Star Wars: Galactic Star Cruiser offers a robust and imaginative dining program developed especially for this experience. Passengers discover menus full of familiar tastes but unexpected colors and textures, deepening the immersion of their galactic journey.
- Guests find refreshments each day in an attractive supper club known as the Crown of Corellia Dining Room. This vibrant and inviting room offers breakfast and lunch buffets during the day, then comes alive each night of the trip with a sumptuous, multi-course table-serve menu of otherworldly and familiar origins.
- The first night’s dinner features a live performance by Gaya, the Twi’lek musical superstar who captivates her audience as she moves through the room singing her greatest hits. (Passengers may find that listening to Gaya’s performance also gives them insight into what’s going on around the ship.)
- The second night features the “Taste Around the Galaxy” dinner experience, where each dish is from a different planet.
- The Sublight Lounge, located just off the ship’s atrium, provides an elegant setting for passengers to socialize and enjoy casual refreshments, including an assortment of signature beers, wines and cocktails from across the galaxy, as well as snacks light.
Merchandise enhances immersive gameplay aboard the Starcruiser
An extensive collection of merchandise for Star Wars: Galactic Star Cruiser enhances this role-playing vacation experience, inviting guests to further immerse themselves in a galaxy far, far away. The Chandrila Collection boutique offers a wide assortment of high-end clothing and accessories that customers can purchase and wear during their trip.
- Passengers can dress up the party in dresses, tunics and other authentic fashion apparel evoking star wars characters such as Padme Amidala, Leia Organa, and Alderaanian officials, among others.
- Headwear helps transform guests into an alien species, complete with Twi’lek “lekku” head-tails or the striped, horned montrals of a Togruta.
Other merchandise options include a remote-controlled SK droid, a light-up model of the starcruiser Halcyon, and the Legacy Lightsaber Training Grip and Legacy Reflective Shield, as well as commemorative items. star wars: Galactic Starcruiser elements.
New stories come to life in Star Wars: At the Edge of the Galaxy at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Scenarios of star wars: Galactic Starcruiser keep playing when guests travel to Star Wars: At the Edge of the Galaxy the second day of their trip.
- Passengers board a special transport shuttle for their planetary excursion to Batuu, traveling to Docking Bay 3 in Black Spire Outpost.
- Starcruiser passengers can take on new missions across the land based on the characters they’ve encountered aboard the Starcruiser. The actions guests take on Batuu can then have ramifications when they return to the starcruiser Halcyon, helping to determine how their stories unfold.
- As part of their secret missions, star wars: Galactic Starcruiser guests receive one-time admission to the country’s two iconic attractions – Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.
- Lunch at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo (or other select locations) is included.
- Traveling guests can also request reservations at Oga’s Cantina, Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers and Droid Depot. (Food, drink and merchandise at these locations are not included in a star wars: Galactic Starcruiser)
For more information on star wars: Galactic Starcruiservisit WDWNews.com or www.starwarsgalacticstarcruiser.com.
* Messaging, data and roaming charges may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations and device settings, and features may vary by handset, service provider or otherwise. Coverage and app stores are not available everywhere. If you are under 18, get your parents’ permission first.